Skip to content

BIR Online Registration and Tax Filing Under TRAIN

  • Evan Tan 

As a freelancer or business owner, filing your taxes is one of the most important things that you need to accomplish. And in this digital era, you can easily accomplish this with the BIR online registration via eServices.

How do I file taxes online?

If you want to file taxes online, you will first need to have an online account.

After you’ve logged into your account, you need to download the latest eBIR form package. Install it on your computer to help you create forms easily when you file for Tax returns.

Click the list of BIR forms and select the appropriate form for your business.Fill it up and submit.

You should receive a Filing Reference number if it goes through successfully. If not, click the “Final Copy” button to be redirected to alternative ways of submission.

Again, you will receive an email confirming your submission.

How do I file taxes manually?

First, let’s discuss the BIR form 1700, which is for individuals receiving purely compensation income. Companies usually do this for you on your behalf, but it’s beneficial to know the process in case you have to file it on your own.

You need to fill up (3) copies of BIR Form 1700  along with a Certificate of Income Tax Withheld on Compensation (BIR Form 2316) and submit it with the following documents if applicable:

  • Waiver of the spouse’s right to claim additional exemption
  •  Duly approved tax debit memo
  •  Proof of foreign tax credits
  •  Income Tax Return previously filed and proof of payment, if filing an amended return for the same taxable year

On the other hand, BIR form 1701 is for people who are engaged in trade/business or the practice of profession including those with mixed income.

You also need to fill up (3) copies of BIR Form 1701 along with the requirements mentioned above, and these additional documents if applicable:

  • Certificate of Income Payments not Subjected to Withholding Tax (BIR Form 2304)
  • Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source (BIR Form 2307)
  • Account Information Form (AIF) or  the Certificate of the independent CPA with Audited Financial Statements if the gross quarterly sales, earnings, receipts or output exceed
  • Proof of prior year’s excess tax credits, if applicable

Where will I submit it?

For submissions with payments, you can give them to Authorized Agent Banks (AAB) near the Revenue District Office (RDO) where you are registered. There you will receive a stamped and validated form from the teller of the AABs/Revenue Collection Officer.

For submissions with no payments, you can submit them directly to your RDO or any certified Tax filing centers. After submitting the required documents, you will receive a stamped and validated form from the RDO/Tax Filing Center representative.

Alternatively, there are online services that can offer to do the whole process for you with just a click of a button, like Taxumo. All you need to do is to submit the required data, and they will handle the filing for you. No muss no fuss. You can check them out here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *